What is your prediction?
My Prediction
Colts 31 - Saints 28
Super Bowl MVP: Reggie Wayne
I think this will be a close game down the stretch decided like most Super Bowls of past on a late game field goal. Realistically I can see the score going in favour of either team but when naturally viewing this match up it is hard not to lean toward the Colts. Peyton Manning is arguably the one of the best quarterbacks of all time. His individual numbers and records are beyond belief and above anything else he has been to and won the Super Bowl before. Peyton is coming off his best statistical season in over three years and is poised to win another Super Bowl. Besides the Colts and all the weapons they have on offence there is the Saints who not lack skill of their own on the offensive side of the ball. Ask any analyst or any fan and they all know the difference in this game will be defence. Now its not that I believe the Colts are the better defencive team I just truly think the Saints defence does not stand a chance of stopping Manning or keeping off the field. They have won games in the past from their turnover and was the big reason they got by Minnesota in the NFC Championship game. Turnovers will be really hard to come by as the Colts are one of the best ball handling teams in the league with receiver and back rarely putting the ball on the ground and Manning not often throwing interceptions. On the other side the Colts defence will struggle heavily against Drew Brees and the high powered Saints offence. That being said I believe defencive ends Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney will cause enough problems on the edge to pressure Brees and at least force a few punts. Those punts I believe will be the difference for Indy as Peyton will control the game and the clock ultimately I believe leading his team to a Super Bowl victory.
No comments:
Post a Comment